Status: Reports to the Operations Manager. Position is full-time exempt, located in the St. Paul, MN office. Occasional travel may be required.
About INFRA: INFRA is a network of independent retailers of all sizes working together to strengthen our position in the natural foods industry. INFRA builds strategic alignment among its members to provide peer support for retailers; identify and implement best practices; and facilitate collaboration.
Summary: The IT Support Specialist supports the INFRA Team by triaging support requests and assisting team members with daily technology use. This position also manages member facing tools and supports members’ use of technology to engage with INFRA as well as conducts remote and in person technology user groups with members. The IT Support Specialist will be a key contributor on infrastructure projects as necessary.
- Internal end user support - answer, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from employees experiencing problems with hardware, software, and other computer related technologies.
- Provide proper follow-through to ensure issues are resolved to satisfaction.
- Configure laptop equipment ensuring proper installation of operating systems, software and networking.
- Create and manage new users, groups, and mailboxes.
- Document and update installation, configuration, deployment and maintenance procedures.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Member support
- Accessing INFRA member facing tools.
- Advise on email & POS system.
- Manage customer expectations through proper communication.
- Technology user groups / In-person events.
- Member facing tools support.
- Vendor management
- Stay current with industry trends, hardware, software life-cycles, and new technology opportunities.
- Support for INFRA training team, including technical review of documentation and delivery of training.
- Promote information security within the business.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent in person and remote customer service.
- Strong organizational skills; performs and prioritizes multiple tasks seamlessly with great attention to detail.
- Skillful problem solver who takes initiative to find solutions and improve upon processes.
- Professional manner and ability to handle confidential situations.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to support a diverse team of subject matter experts.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 40 lbs.; job may require significant sitting, standing, or walking.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/BS in IT-related field preferred, certificate or associate degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administrative IT work including:
- Experience working with PC and Mac platforms and networks.
- Experience working with internet, intranet, and software systems.
- Experience in IT equipment maintenance.
- Experience working with retail POS systems preferred (ECRS, LOC, Other).
INFRA provides a full suite of employee benefits including PTO, Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and a working environment that strongly believes in rightful living.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here to submit your application.