Title: Retail Services and Merchandising Specialist
Status: Reports to the Retail Services Manager. Position is salaried, full-time, and based out of the St Paul, MN office. Some travel may be required.
About INFRA: Independent Natural Food Retailers Association (INFRA) is a network of independent retailers of all sizes working together to strengthen our position in the natural foods industry. INFRA builds strategic alignment among its members to provide peer support for retailers; identify and implement best practices; and facilitate collaboration in the areas of purchasing and marketing.
Summary: The RSMS’s primary responsibility is to coordinate and execute retail merchandising support for the INFRA membership. Additionally, this position will act as a conduit between INFRA departments to better facilitate best practices implementation in the membership.
- Contribute to and expand existing category management programs and services, including but not limited to:
- Following up with category review participants to help them with action plans, tying in INFRA Deals, placement offers, merchandising best practices, etc.
- Expanding categories that may not have as much retailer/industry attention due to a lack of data support (ex. Milk, Bulk, Eggs, etc.)
- Developing a toolbox to help members create or expand Wellness sets
- Support Region Managers with bringing INFRA members into better alignment with INFRA Supply Agreements, including but not limited to:
- Better aligning member sets with DC APL, where applicable
- Tying in member action plans (see above) with the RMs’ plans for member improvement
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with distributor, broker, and vendor peers to ensure the execution of member best practices.
- Work with Purchasing and Marketing and Communications Departments to expand INFRA Deals shelf tag options for members
- Work with Retail Services Manager to develop continuous improvement program(s) for INFRA members to increase sales opportunities at store level
- Make recommendations for outside industry partners that will further INFRA’s Strategic Priorities
Communication and Analysis
- Ensure systems in place for monitoring and evaluating program performance
- Work with INFRA staff, members, and industry partners to ensure successful distributor partnerships
- Provide regular measurable reporting to the Retail Services Manager and Director of Member Relations for communication to the INFRA Board of Directors
- Utilize SPINS, CoMetrics, and other data warehouses for member development
- All other duties as assigned
- Successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Retail merchandising experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and groups
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing systems and procedures
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet changing program requirements
- Self-directed, success with taking initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High level of Mac or PC, and IT proficiency, including Excel
- Planning, prioritizing, and goal setting
- Perseverance, tenacity, and compassion
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Accurate and organized
- Problem solving and troubleshooting, ability to make constructive decisions
INFRA provides a full suite of employee benefits including; PTO, Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and a working environment that strongly believes in rightful living.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.