Click here to visit our website careers page to easily apply online. Completed applications will submit automatically to our HR department.
We are currently exploring candidates in search of an innovative, experienced, full-time Wellness Manager who can bring our department to the next level in its operations.
Our Wellness Department proudly features a selection of all-natural supplements, CBD, cosmetics, and body care products. We take great care in sourcing only high-quality products with a focus on more sustainable practices. Our Wellness Manager will ensure the best experience possible for both our customers and for the development of our department staff.
We provide a generous in-store purchase discount, group health benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, life), a retirement match plan, paid time off, and holiday pay. We pay weekly, and our wages are competitively based on experience and performance.
- Reports to: General Manager
- Supervises: Wellness Clerks
- Department: Wellness (Health and Beauty)
- Status: Non-Exempt
To select, purchase, price, promote and assist customers with the purchases of natural vitamins/supplements,body care, & general merchandise items, and to oversee other department staff in buying vitamins, bulk herbs, body care, books and other products, to meet objectives for sales, margin, inventory turns, labor and customer service.
- Greets each customer. Provides friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt service. Acts as a role model for other staff.
- Knows and adheres to quality standards for customer service.
- Adheres to all guidelines around product recommendation and information.
- Assists in any other departments as needed.
- Work with human resources to hire qualified applicants following established policy.
- Ensure on-the-job training.
- Conduct probationary, semi-annual, and annual performance evaluations.
- Recommend pay increases within department budget.
- Take disciplinary action as needed following established policy.
- Schedule hours for department within budget, and review time cards as needed.
- Organize department meetings.
- Ensure department staff is informed of store wide meetings and policy changes.
- Provide training, supervision, and support of department staff.
- Coordinate training of staff to ensure prompt, helpful customer service for Wellness merchandise, in accordance with labor budget.
- Pass on relevant literature for staff to read. Maintain selection of third party literature available in Wellness department.
- Assist customers with special orders, and oversee special orders system in Wellness department in coordination with the front end to ensure that customers receive their orders.
- Ensure staff is aware of changes in policies and procedures affecting customers.
- Respond to department relevant customer suggestions, comments, and complaints in a reasonable manner.
- Negotiate with suppliers for favorable prices and terms, quality and delivery, following product guidelines.
- Purchase items following product selection guidelines & marketing plan.
- Evaluate suppliers and investigate new sources of supply.
- Purchase for special deals and promotions. Ensure adequate and timely supply of promoted products.
- Receive orders, or ensure proper receiving by other staff in accordance with established procedures.
- Calculate prices to meet margin goals.
- Coordinate with Receivers in handling returns and obtaining credit from suppliers for Wellness merchandise products.
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date prices of Wellness merchandise products in POS system and shelf tags.
- With General Manager, set sales, margin and inventory turn goals for sub-departments.
- Review monthly and quarterly reports with wellness clerks.
- Coordinate inventory counts for designated product departments.
- Attend meetings with other department managers and buyers to plan promotions and store wide merchandising.
- Plan attractive displays for Wellness department.
- Ensure shelves/bins/coolers are fully stocked and rotated for freshness.
- Stock items as needed.
- Visit other stores for ideas on promotions and displays.
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date uniform department signs.
- Provide product information to customers and staff.
- Attend trade shows and conferences as assigned.
- Coordinate storage of items to be returned to suppliers. See that unsellable items are properly disposed of. Keep accurate shrinkage records.
- Ensure that Wellness department shelves, displays, aisles and storage areas in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department & ADA standards.
- Mark down items as needed to reduce losses.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Ensure maintenance of department equipment in working order.
- Advise General Manager of equipment problems or needs.
- Participate in development of operating and capital budgets for store.
- Participate in setting sales and margin goals for departments.
- Review financial reports of department performance and take corrective action as needed.
- Attend Management Team meetings and store wide meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned by General Manager.
- Perform Manager on Duty shifts as assigned.
- At least one year of purchasing and merchandising.
- Knowledge of current trends in natural foods industry.
- Familiarity with vitamins, supplements, natural cosmetics.
- Familiarity with DSEA laws and ability to abide by them.
- Present innovative ideas for merchandising.
- Supervisory experience: hiring, training, evaluating, and giving directions.
- Ability to read financial statements; firm grasp of margin and pricing.
- Organized, consistently follows through on commitments.
- Communications skills--clear directions, good listener.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Willingness to work weekends and varying hours.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by responding to this posting - see the link at the top of the page.